Ingredients For the pie crust:
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 25g cocoa powder
- 220g plain flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
For the filling:
- 200g milk chocolate
- 280ml cream, divided
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- Hershey’s Kisses Special Dark Mildly Sweet Chocolates
- Cherries, washed and dried
Prepare crust dough at least an hour before baking, cold pie crust dough is easier to work with.
- Place sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and beat on medium high speed for few minutes until fluffy then add the egg yolk and keep beating for another two minutes.
- Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and mix until incorporated.
- Wrap the crust dough in cling film and place in the refrigerator for at least 50 min.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and lightly crease a pie dish.
- Place the crust dough onto the pie dish either by first rolling it out or by pressing evenly on the dish, use ice cream scoop the even it out.
- Keep smoothing the crust until evenly thick all around
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes and leave to cool down while preparing the filling.
- Prepare the milk chocolate ganache by breaking the chocolate into small cubes, place 80ml cream in a sauce pan and bring to boil then pour it over the chocolate cubes and stir until all chocolate has melted.
- In a mixing bowl whisk 200ml cream with 2 teaspoons vanilla added and place in a piping bag with round piping tip.
- Unwrap Hershey’s Kisses and wash and dry cherries.
- Once the pie crust has cooled down start adding the filling starting with layering milk chocolate ganache on the bottom.
- Next pipe the cream on top of the ganache
- Then place the kisses
- Finish by adding cherries and serve…