- 6 eggs
- 150g soft brown sugar
- 50g white granulated sugar
- 150g unsalted butter, melted
- 100g cocoa powder, sifted
- 75g plain flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla sugar
- 115g hot chili nuts
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and lightly grease a baking pan and coat it with cocoa powder.
- Place the eggs in a mixing bowl and lightly beat whisking by hand
- Add both sugars and mix, then add rest of the dry ingredients apart from nuts.
- Add the melted butter and mix well then stir in half of the chili nuts and mix
- Pour the batter into baking pan and place remaining chili nuts on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, let it cool down for few minutes then cut into little squares and serve.
I baked these in a bit higher temperature as my oven had been on prior to baking, they turned out a bit more dense than intended yet the chili flavor really compliments cocoa. The nuts get their crunchiness back once completely cooled down.