Ingredients (makes 8 cupcakes)
- 65g unsalted butter, softened
- 110g golden caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g self-raising flour
- 60g plain flour
- 60ml milk
- raspberry essence
- lemon essence
- food coloring: blue, green, yellow and red
- 8 flat bottomed ice cream cones
For the frosting:
- 80g unsalted butter, softened
- 300g powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- few drops of lemon essence
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and place ice cream cones in cupcake baking tray
- Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and start beating on medium high speed, beat for 3 minutes then add the egg and continue beating for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix the flours in a separate bowl then add it to the mixture along with milk and mix until fully incorporated.
- Divide the batter into 4 and add a drop of different food coloring in each and a drop or flavoring essence. I used raspberry with blue and red and lemon with green and yellow.
- Spoon the batter into the ice cream cones with a teaspoon layering the colors filling 3/4 of a cone
- Bake in preheated oven for around 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted from the middle comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and let them cool down while preparing icing.
- Place butter and 100g of powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and start beating gradually increasing the speed to high mixing until fully incorporated, then lower the speed and add rest of the ingredients and increase the speed again mixing until smooth.
- Place the icing in a piping bag with a big star piping tip and get your sprinkles ready.
- Pipe the icing in a swirl covering the edges, add sprinkles on top and serve!