I have two special reasons for a cheesecake post, one being Shavuot and second a birthday of a friend who shares my love of Philadelphia Cream Cheese ;).
- 10 whole wheat almond cookies, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 140g white sugar, divided
- 2pkg (226g each) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 200ml sour cream, divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
+ For topping:
- 2 kiwi fruits, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 whole fresh pineapple, cut into cubes
- 2 tablespoons apricot jelly for glazing
- Preheat oven to 160ºC and line a 23cm cake tin with aluminium foil.
- Mix cookie crumbs and melted butter and press the mixture onto bottom of the cake pan.
- Place cream cheese and 110g sugar in a mixing bowl and mix on medium high speed for few minutes then add 100ml sour cream and continue mixing.
- Add eggs one at time, mixing on high speed.
- Pour batter over the crust , then bake for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile mix remaining sour cream, sugar and vanilla, take the cake from the oven after baking for 45 minutes and add the sour cream mixture on top spreading gently using a spatula.
- Put the cake back in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, then let it cool down.
- Once the cake has cooled down prepare the fruits for topping and make the instant jelly to use warm, before set.
- Place pineapple and kiwi slices on top of the cake covering the whole top, then apply glazing by brushing the jelly on top.
- Refrigerate for minimum of 4 hours before serving. ENJOY!