Ingredients (makes 15 cookies)
For the cookies:
- 50g margarine, melted
- 1 egg
- 80g pink coconut flakes
- 30g plain flour
- 50 g oatmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- No added sugar dark chocolate (60% cocoa), melted
- Preheat oven to 200°C and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper
- Place the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well
- Add your melted margarine and the egg and mix until fully incorporated.
- Shape the cookies into hearts by pressing a spoonful through a heart shaped cookie cutter and place them on your baking paper.
- Flatten the cookies and soften the edges slightly by tapping with your finger.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 15-18 minutes. The bottom will turn darker otherwise the color of the cookies remains the same/ tiny bit lighter.
- Let the cookies cool down on a wire wrack for 5 minutes before applying your chocolate decor.
- Let the chocolate dry before serving, placing them in the refrigerator will speed up the drying of the chocolate.
- Eat – these are guilt free!