This is a quick cake I made in less than an hour, baked at night and topped with whipped cream and fruits in the morning. The sugar sprinkles melt a bit, and that makes them look like confetti inside the cake, some of them stay crunchy in the otherwise soft cake.
- 100g white sugar
- 100g unsalted butter. softened
- 3 eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 80g potato flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 tablespoons sugar sprinkles
- 120 ml Whipped cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
- fruits: nectarines, kiwi and grapes
- Preheat oven to 200°C and lightly grease and flour a ring cake pan.
- Place butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat for few minutes, until pale and fluffy
- Add eggs one at time, mixing for a minute after each addition.
- Meanwhile in another bowl mix dry ingredients apart from sugar sprinkles
- Sift the dry ingredients in the other mixture and mix until incorporated.
- Add the sugar sprinkles and mix them in by slowly folding with a spatula.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 35 minutes.
- Let the cake cool down before applying topping, you may also serve it plain without topping.