On my way home today I got the idea for a new quick dessert using frozen blueberries, which by the way taste nothing like fresh blueberries I used to pick, eat and bake with back in Finland, but they are still better than no berries and blueberry-white chocolate combo always works. I used bigger ramekin than normally which makes the souffle look pretty flat and even more after placing some frozen berries on top, however flavor-wise it’s my new favorite souffle.
Ingredients (makes 1 individual souffle)
- 1 egg, divided
- 15g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 45g white chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon blueberries
- Preheat oven to 225ºC and prepare a ramekin by brushing with softened butter and place in refrigerator.
- Beat the egg white for few minutes until stiff peaks form then move the foamy egg whites to another bowl, then place butter, sugar and vanilla in the mixing bowl and beat on medium high speed.
- Add the egg yolk and continue beating.
- Meanwhile mix the blueberries in the melted chocolate, then add it to the mixing bowl and keep beating for a minute.
- Incorporate with the egg white by gently folding using a spatula.
- Spoon into the ramekin and bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes.
- Serve warm with some blueberries and ice cream.