- 200g whole wheat flour
- 100g ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
- 120g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Place butter, sugar and milk in a mixing bowl and beat on medium high speed for few minutes, until incorporated and fluffy.
- Meanwhile mix the dry ingredients in a separate bowl and incorporate with the butter mixture mixing on low speed.
- Roll the dough into a sausage shape, approximately 30cm long, cover in cling film and place into refrigerator for 1½h.
- Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Once the dough is chilled cut it into about 30 slices, approximately 1cm thick.
- Place the cookies on your baking sheet and make the edges smoother by gently tapping with your finger.
- Let the cookies cool down before serving.
You can definitely taste a hint of cinnamon while the cookies melt in your mouth. If I manage to save some I will be using these in an upcoming cake post…