In honor of Åland‘s public holiday I made my version of Åland’s pancake and it became instantly my favorite pancake and it’s super simple to make.
Ingredients (makes two 13x21cm pancakes)
- 350ml milk
- 40g semolina
- 20g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 25g butter
- 1 egg
- 80g plain flour
Served with whipped cream and mixed forest fruits
- Preheat oven to 200ºC and line two baking dishes with baking paper.
- Heat the milk in a pot on the stove, bring to boil.
- Add the semolina whisking it in then simmer for about 5 minutes until it becomes porridge consistency. Keep whisking to avoid burning.
- Add the sugar, cardamom and salt and mix well.
- Add the butter, mix and take it off the stove.
- Let it cool down for 5 minutes then whisk in the egg.
- Finally add the flour and mix until fully incorporated.
- Pour into your baking dishes and bake for 45 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve hot or cold as two big individual pancakes or cut to smaller pieces and serve as delicious little pancake bites.
- Top with whipped cream and berries. Enjoy!