Ingredients (pan size 33 x 23 x 5 cm)
For the crust:
- 100g cream cheese
- 100g butter, softened
- 130g whole wheat rye flour
- 30g oatmeal
- 30g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the topping:
- 1 bunch (400g) asparagus, tough ends removed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion , thinly sliced
- 250g grated cheese (emmental/edam/cheddar)
- 2 eggs
- 100ml milk
- 100ml cream
- 2 gloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Herbal Salt (herbamare)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sweet Paprika
- freshly ground Black Pepper
- Chili Flakes
- Preheat oven to 225ºC and prepare the vegetables by trimming asparagus and cutting bell pepper and red onion to thin slices.
- Mix the flours and baking powder then add your softened butter and cream cheese and mix until you got an even crust dough.
- Spread the dough evenly onto your baking pan with fingers or using a spoon/cup. Continue spreading until got even crust with about 3 cm all around edge. Create small holes in the crust using a fork.
- Lay out the vegetables on the crust and place the quiche in the preheated oven while you prepare the rest of the topping.
- Mix the eggs, milk, cream, garlic and spices whisking for a minute.
- Take quiche from the oven and pour the mixture over the vegetables
- Add the grated cheese on top and bake in the oven for 30 minutes until golden brown. Sprinkle with chili flakes and ground fresh pepper for taste